Re: [K12OSN] NWEA + rdesktop issues again

Well I suppose it is working as a router. As much as it is when it gets a webpage. The WTS has an external IP address but is in my building. I suppose I could put it behind the particular LTS. That would prevent others from hitting it. However I can hit it through a gnome session and it DID work before.

Tim

On 10/6/06, Gideon Romm <ltsp symbio-technologies com> wrote:
>From the IP of the windows server, I am guessing you are using your LTSP
box as a router?

Make sure you have NAT and ip_forward enabled on the server, as well as
the "option routers" definition in your dhcpd.conf.

Otherwise, your terminal cant be routed to the WTS correctly.

-Gadi

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 08:20 -0400, Timothy Hart wrote:
> It seems that rdesktop doesn't like me too much. Not sure what I ever
> did to it.
>
> Anyways. I used the tip Dave T. gave me about using another screen so
> I could pump rdp sound through my terminals. I am connecting to
> Windows Terminal Server for the NWEA test and need sound for the
> kindees and first graders. It worked perfectly last time I tested it.
> However, now when I change to the screen 2 I get the gray screen with
> the X in the middle. It is like rdesktop won't load. It does in gnome
> and from the command line with the same options chosen. Here is a
> snippet of lts.conf.
>
>     SCREEN_01          = startx
>     SCREEN_02 = "rdesktop -r sound:local 65.18.42.7"
>
>        # local storage device (USB keys, cdrom, etc)
>        LOCAL_STORAGE = Y
>        LTSPFSD_OPTIONS=""
>
>     # uncomment the following line to enable SNMP support
>     #SNMPD = Y
>
>         # enable sound by default
>         SOUND              = Y
>         # choose either esd or nasd to be the default (esd only on
> x86_64)
>     # rdp is used for sound for Windows Termianl Service Sound
>     SOUND_DAEMON = "rdp"
>

> Anyone know what might be causing this not to work?
>
> Tim
Gideon Romm | Proud LTSP Developer
ltsp symbio-technologies com

Support LTSP!  Buy your hardware at:

        www.DisklessWorkstations.com
        www.DisklessThinClients.com

(use coupon code: LTSP5P for 5% off thin clients from DisklessThinClients.com)