[K12OSN] dns/bind server sees dsl modem/router as domain name

Garen Evans II garen_evans2 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 00:52:13 UTC 2006

Barry,

Are you connecting from inside your LAN to inside your
LAN with dns off the router, or is it redirected from
inside back to the router.

If you are connecting from the internet and get your
routers gui then anyone else can too. Unless you need
to remote admin the router from the outside, it is
probably best to disable router admin from the WAN
side.

Also, check to see that your http port is forwarding
WAN request to the server, and not letting it sit on
the modem/router.

Not sure if this helps, but it sounds like either a
router configuration or if dns is done internally by
FC5 then there is a configuration issue that is
looping back to your routers admin page.

Garen Evans II
K12LTSP Lurker

PS - If the router is not actually at fault, someone
else with more knowledge will have to step up, because
this is the limit of my experience.