[K12OSN] dns/bind server sees dsl modem/router as domain name

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Oct 10 04:03:11 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 08:07, cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us wrote:
> Garen,
>
>  I do have ALL ports ( in the router/modem) to redirect to the internal ip
> address of the server itself( there is an option to direct to the router)
> in the web gui for the router.

The problem is that this redirection happens only to connections
from the internet side. Connect to that address from the inside
and you connect to the router itself.

> Im sure until i get the command to do a < host server,,, ip address is
> x.x.x.x > showing the internal ipaddress of the server this will keep
> showing the dsl router/modem as the homepage for the domain on this
> server. It took quite a while to get this worked around before, and i
> didnt document( can't remember) how i done this:(,,,duhh...
> I'm sure i do not have something set correctly in my dns zone file but
> cant fiigure what i need to add.

You need to configure your dns server as primary for your
own zone so you can supply the internal private address for
the server to your internal machines.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com