[K12OSN] gnome-power-manager Error Message

My environment:
Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
Kernel 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5smp
Gnome 2.14.2

The following error message has occurred a couple of times on our K12 system the past few days: "Error: The Application "gnome-power-manager" has quit unexpectedly.  You can inform the developers of what happened to help them fix it.  Or you can restart the application right now."  I haven't traced exactly what is going on immediately prior to the message being displayed.  When the message is displayed, it pops up on all the computers that are logged in.  There is a button to "Restart Application," which I select, but it takes up to a minute for the error to clear.  All apps then work properly afterwards.

Anyone seen this before?  Anyway I can trace its cause?

Larry Mateo
Network Technician II
Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District
larrym fsusd k12 ca us