Re: [K12OSN] Bringing /home over from previous k12ltsp server

try unison
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

On 10/12/06, Carl Keil <carl snarlnet com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I'm setting up a brand new k12ltsp server to replace my previous one.
What's the best way to bring the /home directory over so that people's
work in tuxpaint, mail messages, open office docs,  game settings, etc.
get brought over, but I still update/upgrade all the conf files and
stuff that are in people's /home directories.

I was just going to install k12ltsp, then rsync over the old /home into
the new /home from the old server to the new, but that doesn't seem like
it quite cuts it.  Like that would overwrite identical files fairly
randomly, wouldn't it?

Can someone recommend a workflow for this?

ck