[K12OSN] so close...helped needed with LTSP and PAM

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Oct 12 17:43:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 15:08 -0700, john wrote:

> I have gotten ltsp to authenticate against Active Directory by
> following
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ActiveDirectoryWinbindHowto
>
> I can authenticate locally as any user with a valid account on the
> domain. However I can't authenticate using an LTSP thin client. I
> figure that I probably need to edit /opt/ltsp-4.2/i386/etc/pam.conf to
> make that happen. Can someone help me figure this out.

You don't really authenticate _on_ the client which is what that
would control.  You authenticate against a gdm login on the server.
On a normal Fedora/RH setup, you would use authconfig-gtk to
set up the authentication methods, then the /etc/pam.d/system-auth
file that it builds is included by most of the pam service entries.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com