Re: [K12OSN] Hard lockup

On 10/12/06, James P. Kinney III <jkinney localnetsolutions com> wrote:
I'm running a new install of 64-bit v5 onto many (many!) dual chip, dual
core Opteron machines. Installed from disks and ran the yum update
(804MB later...). Then set about to get the clients up.

Ahhh ... which kernel is that?  2.6.17-1.2187?  I've had lockups with
that kernel on 5 out of the 6 Athlon64 systems I manage - typically
about 30-60 seconds after a login screen appears. Booting to text
screen and/or disabling APIC make no difference.

Try booting to the older kernel to see if the problem persists. If
you're worried about kernel exploits, you might try the latest kernel
from the FC6 stuff.

Calvin