Re: [K12OSN] Bringing /home over from previous k12ltsp server

Get /home.

then get /etc/passwd, shadow, gshadow, group and various other config files if they are customized.

It is not recommended that the passwd and group files are just replaced.

In the one from the old server, cut out everything up to where the users actually start. Then on the new server, cut out everything from where the users begin.

Then add the contents from the old passwd to the new one and same with group.

This way, system ownerships will remain the same and user ownerships will as well.

be sure to get /etc/samba/smbpasswd and secrets if you use samba for winders connectivity.

Pretty painless after that.

Doug