[K12OSN] build your own thin client

My school may be in the market for thin clients soon. It would sure be
nice to get pretty, new ones, but we'd like to stay under $200.

I've looked around and it looks like you could put together a
motherboard, CPU, memory, case, and video card for about that amount,
but I must admit I'm in a little over my head, since I've never built a
PC from parts before.

Anyone have advice about how to put together an attractive, small client
for the least amount of money possible?

Thanks,
Todd