Re: [K12OSN] Re: Hard lockup

On 10/15/06, Mella <mellax pm ee> wrote:
I restarted today my Dualxeon server and after completely booting up all seems OK. I had login box and blinking cursor on server's screen. But as soon as touch server's keyboard, cursor disappear and server locks totally.
Tried many times, same issue.

It was newest kernel 2.6.17-1.2187-FC5.

After booting with older 2157, all works OK!

That's interesting - it means the problems with 2187 aren't limited to AMD CPUs.

Here's hoping the 2.6.18 kernels in FC6 don't share this problem.

Calvin