Re: [K12OSN] Changing Gnome Themes in K12LTSP5...any success story?

Edward wrote:

Im trying to modify the look and feel of gnome (not using icewm, coz i can't solve the problem of gnome menus not showing up in icewm) I was able to change the default icons, windows borders and behavior. My last target is to change the MENUBAR with word APPLICATION to a green icon (just like Windoze START button) not necessarily "START", but as long as it's green. I tried using the custom icon in gconf-editor, but didn't work.

I use it for school lab with children who have windows machines at home. I want them to feel at home with linux.

Anybody here who was able to do this?

Did you take a look around at http://www.gnome-look.org/ http:// art.gnome.org/ ? There's a lot of Gnome themes there and I guess there might be one that fits your needs.

Clearlooks-Luna
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=35897