From: Joe Locash
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:10 PM
To: Phil DiGiacomo; Marcus Ricci
Cc: Mark Nowakowski; Joe Makoid; Chris Keller
Subject: RE: 6020P Customer and USB Memory Sticks

Here’s how to get USB sticks in K12LTSP 5.0

Add the following line to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf in the [DEFAULT] section
            HOTPLUG = Y

The high speed USB driver in this distribution has problems.  To prevent the module from loading modify /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/rc.sysinit and change the following line from:
for MODULE in ehci-hcd uhci-hcd ohci-hcd; do

for MODULE in uhci-hcd ohci-hcd; do

Now when a USB stick is plugged in it will appear on the client desktop.

-Joe

Barry R Cisna <brcisna frontiernet net> wrote:
Kari,

What build of K12LTSP are you running? Anyone ( any user) should have
access to usb drives via FMTools( if you are v4.4.1 or older) or if on
v5.0.0 they should automagicqlly appear after a couple seconds on the
desktop after being plugged in. IF you are on an older version of
K12LTSP and only root is getting access to FMTools /floopy icon on
desktop there has to be a permissions thing on one of the fmtools files
associated with your machine. ANother thing that may be happening
is ,there are a few usb /pen drives that will not recognize in K12LTSP.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Barry Cisna