Re: [K12OSN] SATA drive for server with 25 users?

I run a LTSP server with 2 SATA drives on RAID 0 - striping and it seems to run just fine. I have had up to 37 clients on at one time. Usually there are a lab of 25 clients plus 6 stations in the library running all day. Home folder storage is done on a Novell server though. But the LTSP system runs on this box with dual Xeon 2.4GHz and 4 Gb RAM with these 2 - 120Gb 7200rpm SATA in RAID 0 on Adaptec 1210s RAID (a real cheapo).

The ONLY time there is a noticable slowness is when all 25 boot simultaneously and then when they all start OpenOffice simultaneously. Once they are all up nobody notices any slowness. I think the SATA RAID make great little budget servers personally.

Joe Guenther