[K12OSN] Bug & workaround in childsplay

Starting childsplay from the menu in Gnome (haven't tried KDE) runs the program, but I get no sound. However, calling it from a shell/xterm session does work. /usr/bin/childsplay is just a symlink to /usr/share/childsplay/childsplay.py. Running either file via Nautilus produces the same no-sound result. There was discussion of this problem about a year ago, with no resolution aside from my suggestion to check the .bashrc file for any clues. I removed the symlink and replaced with a two-line shell script that seems to work although I don't know why:

. /etc/bashrc
/usr/share/childsplay/childsplay.py

Now running the program via Nautilus or from the menu works. Not sure why this doesn't seem to affect everyone, but I mention it here in case it comes up in the future.

Petre