Re: [K12OSN] Playing CD's and DVD's on Clients

You can't play music CDs on clients as they are not considered 'data' disks. Local Device Access only supports data disks. Not sure if DVDs are regarded the same or not. You could rip the CDs and put the songs into a world-readable directory, and then people don't even need the CDs.

Petre

Carl Keil wrote:
Hi List,

Does anyone know a user friendly way to do this? Pop a CD/DVD in the clients drive and listen/watch it right there?

I've tried popping CD's into a few clients (I thought I'd start with CD's) and, basically, nothing happens. The CD's don't show up on the desktop or in "Drives". I can't find them, or play them.

Thanks for any suggestions,

ck