Re: [K12OSN] Playing CD's and DVD's on Clients

Thanks for the reply. Can't the script/program/parameter that allows data disks to appear be hacked to allow audio disks as well? Does anyone know where this is controlled from? It looks like FC5 supports this. I tried the FC5 control panel, but changing the settings had no affect on the terminals. Most of my audio is already ripped to a server, but I'd actually like to be able to listen/rip audio CD's from a thin client to add to the stuff that's there.

ck

// You can't play music CDs on clients as they are not considered 'data' disks. Local Device Access only supports data disks. Not sure if DVDs are regarded the same or not. You could rip the CDs and put the songs into a world-readable directory, and then people don't even need the CDs.

Petre

Carl Keil wrote:
Hi List,

    Does anyone know a user friendly way to do this? Pop a CD/DVD in
    the clients drive and listen/watch it right there? I've tried
    popping CD's into a few clients (I thought I'd start with CD's)
    and, basically, nothing happens. The CD's don't show up on the
    desktop or in "Drives". I can't find them, or play them.

Thanks for any suggestions,

ck