Re: [K12OSN] Playing CD's and DVD's on Clients

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 15:57 -0500, Petre Scheie wrote:
> I put the same question to Jim McQuillan and Scott Balneaves a
> while back, and the short answer is no, music CDs just don't
> work that way, at least as far as LDA is concerned.

The best approach to doing this might be to run the player as
a local app on the client.  I thought the new muekow approach
would make this easier but haven't had a chance to look at
how it works yet.  The other thing that would be interesting
is videolan-client as a local app with multicast streaming to
all the displays.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com