Re: [K12OSN] is it possible to use Windows DHCP server with LTSP?

Hi Chuck et al.,

I guess my question was should the ltsp server be on the same subnet as the thin clients. And should the gateway be the ltsp server or the router that serves the subnet.

Thanks!

John

On 10/19/06, cliebow midmaine com <cliebow midmaine com> wrote:

> 1) Do I need option 12, the netvista option, if I am not using netvistas?

dont need it i think.as long as there is good ip to name resolution in
/etc/hosts....option 17 and 67 are the biggies

> 2) If windows pads the root path with 000 do I need a symlink on my linux
> server from a directory called /opt/ltsp/i386000 > /opt/ltsp/i386

ln -s /opt/ltsp/i386 /opt/ltsp/i386000

> 3) is the string for option 211 always tftp?

dont need it at a;ll except in special circumstances

<4} i am confused..

chuck