Re: [K12OSN] Basic Questions

On 10/25/06, Todd O'Bryan <toddobryan mac com> wrote:
Actually, I checked the man page. Apparently, + adds permissions, = sets
them, and - removes them. I've never seen anyone use = before, but it
seemed like a good idea to not leave permission for every teacher to
overwrite teachertool, if it happened to be set previously. :-)

And now _I_ have learned something new.

I verified that this affects only the selected set (group, in this
case). I "chmod g=w file", and group permissions were set to
write-only, while clearing the read and exec bits.

Thanks for the tip.

Calvin