From: Mike Oliveri <moliveri rb60 com>
Date: Thursday, October 26, 2006 7:58 am
Subject: RE: [K12OSN] Creating a repository in a K12LTSP server
To: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>

Agreed. I would also add you can use Konqueror and the fish protocol:

fish://ipaddress
Think of it as a front end for scp/sftp. This way they can open a
browser and be in a familiar interface, and it will prompt them for
their user name and password. Again, all you need on the server is for
SSH to be running. You can use a split view in the window to get a
two-pane view similar to a typical FTP/SCP GUI.

Of course, this assumes you've got KDE. I've not had enough hands-on
with K12LTSP (yet) to know for a fact if this will work.

Take care,
Mike