Re: [K12OSN] network cdrom emulator

On Friday 27 October 2006 10:03, Jeremy Schubert wrote:
> Our school runs a Windoze 2003 network with XP and 2000 clients.  We'd like
> to get a network cdrom emulator on the network to emulate a couple of
> Windows based cdrom programs.  Can we add a linux box to our network that
> will allow us to do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Linux, Windows, anything that can act as a fileserver.
I use a small utility on the Windows clients, called DaemonTools. It acts as a
physical, local cdrom/dvd drive and mounts ISO (and a swathe of other
cd-image formats) images from a central fileserver.
To create the cd-images I use Nero Express, Graveman or mkisofs.

Samps