[K12OSN] video editing software comments

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 23:47:58 UTC 2006

On 10/27/06, brcisna at eazylivin.net <brcisna at eazylivin.net> wrote:
> Hello Listers,
>
> Just wanting to see what others are using for video editing software under
> Linux / K12LTSP ( v5.0). As with any video editing packages ,I'm sure they
> all seem to be "frustrating" to use. I'm just wondering who has the best
> luck with package "X",or whatever.

Well, keeping in mind that I'm NOT a video expert, I was satisfied
using "kivo" to edit my son's football games.

I _did_ find it to be unreliable at grabbing video directly from the
camera, so I'd use dvgrab to download the video in handy 1 gig chunks
(less than 5 minutes' worth), then use kivo to assemble those chunks,
edit out the unimportant stuff, and output the video in Mpeg2 format,
suitable for burning on DVDs to send to college coaches.

Calvin