Re: [K12OSN] video editing software comments

On 10/27/06, brcisna eazylivin net <brcisna eazylivin net> wrote:
Hello Listers,

Just wanting to see what others are using for video editing software under
Linux / K12LTSP ( v5.0). As with any video editing packages ,I'm sure they
all seem to be "frustrating" to use. I'm just wondering who has the best
luck with package "X",or whatever.

Well, keeping in mind that I'm NOT a video expert, I was satisfied
using "kivo" to edit my son's football games.

I _did_ find it to be unreliable at grabbing video directly from the
camera, so I'd use dvgrab to download the video in handy 1 gig chunks
(less than 5 minutes' worth), then use kivo to assemble those chunks,
edit out the unimportant stuff, and output the video in Mpeg2 format,
suitable for burning on DVDs to send to college coaches.

Calvin