Re: [K12OSN] video editing software comments

On 10/27/06, Eric Brown <ericbrow gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

I would like to second Kivo.  I have never used it, but I know people
who have and it came highly recommended.  BUT, it is my understanding
that it would not be good to run it in a terminal environment.  If

Amen to that!  In fact, it even had problems (choppy video) running
directly on the computer, until I replaced the built-in video with an
add-on video card.

you've ever done video editing on a Windows computer, you'll know that
it is very processor intensive.  If you attempted to do the same thing
on a terminal, which only gets a share of the processing power.  Plus,
all that video has to go down the wire from the client to the server,
then back to be displayed on the screen.

Network traffic is the bottleneck, for sure.

And thanks Calvin.  I'm currently dual booting between XP (when I
absolutely have to) and Ubuntu, with plans of never going to Vista.  I
have to do a lot of video editing for my job, so I intend to use your
hints.

Cool!

Calvin