Re: [K12OSN] FL_TeacherTool and Bittorrent

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Peter Hartmann wrote:

Could someone who has Fl_TeacherTool and bittorrent confirm this:  If
you are downloading a torrent, in Fl_TeacherTool you'll have a foreign
ip address associated with your username in the main pane.  I hope you
do, otherwise I have a problem..........

It could be a quirk with Fl_TeacherTool as well. This is the command it
runs to match Usernames/IP addresses:

    netstat -t -e -n | grep :6000 | grep -w ESTABLISHED |\
    sed -e 's/:/ /g' | awk '{print $9,$6}' | sort | uniq

If I'm reading that correctly, it does not care whether the source
or destination is established on port 6000. This probably matters.

If you still see the foreign ip address in Fl_TeacherTool, pop open a
terminal shell and run this:

	netstat -t -e -n | grep :6000 | grep -w ESTABLISHED

That should tell us whether or not it is a bug in Fl_TeacherTool.

-Eric