Re: [K12OSN] video editing software comments

Ummmmm..you mean kino right?

On 10/27/06, Calvin Dodge <caldodge gmail com> wrote:
On 10/27/06, brcisna eazylivin net <brcisna eazylivin net> wrote:
> Hello Listers,
>
> Just wanting to see what others are using for video editing software under
> Linux / K12LTSP ( v5.0). As with any video editing packages ,I'm sure they
> all seem to be "frustrating" to use. I'm just wondering who has the best
> luck with package "X",or whatever.

Well, keeping in mind that I'm NOT a video expert, I was satisfied
using "kivo" to edit my son's football games.

I _did_ find it to be unreliable at grabbing video directly from the
camera, so I'd use dvgrab to download the video in handy 1 gig chunks
(less than 5 minutes' worth), then use kivo to assemble those chunks,
edit out the unimportant stuff, and output the video in Mpeg2 format,
suitable for burning on DVDs to send to college coaches.

Calvin