Re: [K12OSN] root-path or dhcp issue but only after 2nd client connection

marrandy wrote:
On Saturday 28 October 2006 11:05, Jim McQuillan wrote:
My guess is that you have another DHCP server on the same network.

No !  I already disconnect that to disprove it.

To really test it, make sure you completely isolate your LTSP server and
your client.  Make sure there's nothing else on that physical network, and
try booting the client.

Also, any chance you have both eth0 and eth1 of the server plugged into
the same network switch?

No ! I have a 4-port switch sitting on top of the server (actually an 2 year old workstation and the client sitting next to it. As I already said, the internet cable is disconnected and there is only one left going to the 4-way switch which then goes to the client. I see the bootup of the client, some files transferred and then it stalls with the message.

I have seen similar issues with a bad switch or a bad ethernet cable.

Try another switch & cable and see if that clears up the problem.

-Eric