Re: [K12OSN] Teacher access to teacher tool

On 9/1/06, Dan Visentin <visentind hdsb ca > wrote:
Well I took the plunge and installed the x86_64 version and everything seems pretty cool.  One problem... fl_teachertool works great when logged in as root but teachers cannot get it to work properly.  When trying to monitor/control I get an "Opening password file failed".  All teachers are in a "teachers" group and I did the visudo modification as discussed on your website.  Also I did copy /root/.vnc to the ltsp tree though not sure if this was necessary or desirable.  I also used " %teachers

Before copying you must set a password for vnc

#/usr/bin/vncpasswd

after setting the password then copy the password file into the ltsp-tree with this line

#cp -R -p /root/.vnc /opt/ltsp/i386/root/

Don't forget to uncomment (remove the #) from the line x4_module_02=vnc in lts.conf and then reboot your clients.

 ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/sbin/fl_teachertool" instead of  "%teachers  ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/local/sbin/Fl_TeacherTool" assuming that it is outdated.

Yes, I should change that on my homepage. The /usr/local/sbin  dir is used if you install it from the tarball. Yum puts it in /usr/sbin and there are no capitals. Thanks for pointing that out.

Any suggestions?

Dan Visentin
M. M. Robinson H.S.
"As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing."