[K12OSN] Lexmark E323 network printer

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Sep 1 21:47:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-09 at 14:01 -0400, Gideon Romm wrote:
> In other words, if you want the printer to work, you need to install
> their software and use their Lexmark Printer Interface (or whatever its
> called) to create the queues and manage the printers.

In some cases the Lexmark drivers do interface with cups so that you can
at least print using the system tools.  But, if you want to do something
only supported by the Lexmark driver, then you have to use the Lexmark
print dialog box - what a pain in the ass.

See if you can get a hold of a PPD file.  In my case, the PPD for my
Lexmark 510N gives everything I need, so I skipped the Lexmark drivers
and the java based print dialog/manager.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu