[K12OSN] New HP clients kernel panic...

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Sat Sep 2 13:59:44 UTC 2006

On Sep 1, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Eric Harrison wrote:
> Before you downgrade, can you test out a new upgrade?
>
> ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/RPMS/ltsp_i386-
> boot-2.6.17.8-1.k12ltsp.5.0.0.noarch.rpm
>
> -Eric

LOL, I *just* figured out how to extract the kernel from an RPM that
I found on your ftp server, and put the files where they go etc.  I
figured everyone was too busy to answer my pleas for help. :)

The old kernel worked, and I will try the new one this weekend.
Since I manually extracted/linked the old kernel, I'm not sure if the
new RPM will install properly -- but I will install it, and relink
the kernel if needed.

Thanks for the help, I guess I should have been a little more patient!

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director