[K12OSN] OT - proper OS for CPU

Dan Visentin visentind at hdsb.ca
Wed Sep 6 22:02:20 UTC 2006

>From Michael Blin

"Mostly true, though there are now no problems getting flash to work. Running the x86_64 5.0.0 K12LTSP release, I simply clicked the 'Get flash' icon, which adds the flash plugin to the i386 firefox. There is a wrapper script written by some genius that,
whenever you start firefox, runs the x86_64 firefox in 64-bit environments, and the i386 firefox (w/ flash) in i386 environments (the terminals). It could not have been easier."

ummm... I guess I'm missing something here Michael... can you provide me with more details regarding the "genius script"?  I did the "Get flash" thing but it is still not working.

Much appreciated...

btw... the 64 bit implementation seems to be working quite well!

Dan Visentin
M. M. Robinson H.S.
"As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing."