[K12OSN] OT: still have sluggish system

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Tue Sep 12 19:13:36 UTC 2006

> Are you using the traditional "LTSP on it's own segment" setup?

Yep,  Dual gigabit nics in servers to gigabit ports on their respective segments.

> traffic drops off. I've seen saturated networks caused by network loops
> (think crossover cable plugged into two ports on the same segment).

I see this alot at other schools where I sometimes volunteer and the classrooms have 8-port switches. These 'torn down and rebuilt' each summer because the custodial staff needs to clean.

> wicket. I've also seen flaky switches cause broadcast storms. You have a
> spare switch around?

Maybe ... Have to ask the director of another school if I can borrow an FS750T from them for a day or so.

Will be back at the school tonight till the wee hours it seems.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins