[K12OSN] firefox only prints to the postscript default

scott scottsteibel1 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 15 00:57:13 UTC 2006

I just set up k12ltsp (centos 4) at school. The Dell server would not
let me install anything else.   All is running well, with one problem.
I've Googled this , but nothing.   I have 5 printers connected to 5
different workstations.  Followed the directions from ltsp.org...using
and a user can choose which printer to use in all programs, except
firefox.   I have gone into about:config and added the printer names to
the printer_list.  They now show up in about:config, but the users still
only have the defalt postscript printer to print from.   Any advice from
somebody smarter than me.

Also how to I change the time it takes for the inactivity screen lock to
come up.  on the clients.   The other teachers want it to be 4 minutes.

Thanks for anyones help.

Scot