Re: [K12OSN] New monitor issue

On 9/15/06, Timothy Hart <timothy hart gmail com> wrote:
All of a sudden, a bunch on machines out in a modular started to have their screen appear odly. The left side of the screen is appearing in the middle of the screen. You can see the whole desktop, it just wraps around the screen. It seems to only be happening on clients attached to one server. No changes to the server. The only change was the addition of two clients. They worked last year though. I am using the vesa driver as it is the only thing I can get the IBM gl300's working with. I attached an image to see if anyone has seen this before? Seems like I am posting issues here too often. I really do appreciate it.

Just found a nice link on what you are seeing, go to http://www.linux.com/howtos/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO/index.shtml and look at issue 16.1.

Darryl