Re: [K12OSN] Linux disk utility

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
Does anyone have any good suggestions on a linux disk utility?  I just had a
300GB SCSI in my Dell PowerVault blink out.  I booted into the SCSI BIOS and
it said the drive had failed and was offline.  However when I got drive info
from the utility it said the drive was fine.  So I forced it back online and
now I am sending email from the same server.  The drives are still under
warranty so I want to be sure I don't just let this go.  I looked for
something in Webmin to no avail.  I would like something I can set crunching
overnight and get a clean bill of health by morning.

And from home my only access to this server is via Webmin or ssh.

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188

You can try http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/ it normally has as many of the manufacturers test utilities as it can find , then there is also http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm it clims to be able to repair most drives.

Good luck