[K12OSN] problem with K12LTSP 5.0.0

Helton Uchoa uchoa at geolivre.org.br
Sun Sep 17 13:54:35 UTC 2006

Hi Sudev,

Thanks for help. First, you are right about configuration: 2 HD PATA e 1
HD SATA, the system was installed in 1st Pata.

I made the boot modification that you suggested, and give exactly point
where system froze. Last lines were:
device-mapper: 4.6.0-ioctl (2006-02-17) initialised: dm-devel at redhat.com

Searching on google, I found some informations that point the problem to
the Sata module in specific Kernel version. This could be a logical
explanation, because I have installed FC5 that cames with a kernel older
than K12LTSP 5.0.0. With FC5 I didn't find any problem in installation
(or post-installation configuration).

Now I'll try update the kernel to solve this problem (maybe a bug).
Anyone try to install the K12LTSP 5.0.0 on a computer with Sata?

I don't know how I can update the kernel before the boot to solve the
problem. The lastest version of kernel is kernel-2.6.17-1.2187_FC5.i686.rpm

Ideas?

Thanks,

Uchoa

--
Helton UCHOA :: uchoa@{opengeo.com.br;geolivre.org.br;open3dgis.org}
Consultant in Free Software for Geomatics - 55 21 8272-4899