[K12OSN] yum / CPAN

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 13:38:32 UTC 2006

On 9/18/06, Michael Blinn <mblinn at peopleplaces.org> wrote:
>   On a yum update, I'm getting errors for some perl modules. I'm
> thinking this is because I used ran perl's CPAN to do some updates.
> However, I'm not sure how to use the CPAN shell to remove a package,
> such as Unicode, so that my yum works again. Any pointers?
> -Michael
>

> Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/man/man1/map.1.gz from
> install of perl-Unicode-Map-0.112-7.fc5 conflicts with file from package
> perl-Unicode-Map-0.112-0.1.fc2.dag

That's not a CPAN-related problem - you have an old Dag rpm installed,
and apparently yum can't tell that it's the same package that you're
trying to install (if it could, then it would simply replace the old
file with the new one).

I'd suggest "rpm -e --nodeps perl-Unicode-Map", then try installing from yum.

Calvin