Re: [K12OSN] LDAP rebuild question

Can someone explain what ./smbldap -t bdc will do in the smbldap-installer script?  What I am thinking is to start a BDC/LDAP on my ldap-server-to-be.  Then, turn off the existing server and promote the BDC to a PDC by changing a few of the settings in the conf files.  Hopefully this will solve the issue with the profiles not loading correctly.  If this is a really-bad-idea, please let me know.  My naive approach to just migrate the server approach (based on the Samba 3 text) just isn't working.

Thanks,
Dave Hopkins