[K12OSN] help! K12 server crashed and isnt coming back up!

Jim Kathan tkathan at charter.net
Thu Sep 21 21:27:55 UTC 2006

help! my k12 server crashed and I can't get it to come back up. Its going
through the Fedora bootup, loading services, it gets to the very last part, the screen
freezes, and its not doing DHCP for the clients.
It is responding to a ping.
it refreshes the screen, I see the mouse pointer for a sec, then theres video corruption at the top of the screen, but its frozen.
"starting HAL Daemon" is the last service loaded before the refresh-to-freeze.