[K12OSN] Plone resources and manuals

Bert Rolston bert.rolston at clear.net.nz
Fri Sep 22 01:28:45 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I've been trialling Plone as a groupware type product for my business.

I would like to have a central job logging / ticket tracking function,
shared calendars, perhaps web e-mail, knowledge base, company intranet.
Because it's web based, it means we can run MS and Linux machines
without special clients, which I really want.

It looks like it could fit the bill.

Does anyone have some good administration type resources for config,
user management, and creating custom apps in Plone?

How does ZOPE fit into the picture?

I know it provides the foundation, but how much work do I need to do in
ZOPE as opposed to Plone?

Thanks,
Bert