Re: [K12OSN] pushing mounted volume to desktops

Not sure I quite understand, but what if you use NFS to mount the directory from the file server on the LTSP server, say, under /remoteserver. Then, create a launcher that calls 'nautilus /remoteserver' and push that out to everyone's desktop. Controlling whether students can read & write to /remoteserver would be controlled via NFS, so make sure that's working they way you want first.

Petre

William Fragakis wrote:
Is there a way to push a mounted network server out to the desktops? I
tried pushing a launcher with "connect server" but couldn't figure out
how to pass parameters to nautilus-connect-server. I've created
something similar using konqueror but if it could be done in nautilus,
it would make things more seemless.
We'd like for the students to access a class folder on a file server. It
needs to be sort of secure. It's internal and there's nothing really
sensitive there.