[K12OSN] Have Fedora 5---Just want K12LTSP

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Sep 25 16:11:39 UTC 2006

Greg Lewis wrote:
> First, pardon my dumb question,...........I'm new to all of this.
>
> I already have Fedora 5 installed and working with two NICs on a
> older machine. Is there a download that will just install K12LTSP
> without having to download and burn the full install?
>
>> < >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< ><
> quando omnis deficio satus iterum
>> < >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< >< ><
> Greg Lewis

The default network settings are:

	eth0	IP = 192.168.0.254
		Netmask = 255.255.255.0

	eth1	DHCP

Install the k12ltsp-release package. Assuming you want K12LTSP 5.0.0
32bit, that would be:

  rpm -ihv
http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/5.0.0-32bit/i386/Fedora/RPMS/k12ltsp-release-5.0.0-0d.noarch.rpm

Install the K12LTSP packages:

  yum install k12ltsp-core k12ltsp-education k12ltsp-extras

Run the configuration script:

  /opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/K12Linux-LTSP-initialize

and reboot....

-Eric