[K12OSN] power outage problem

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Sep 28 03:35:33 UTC 2006

1. Have you tried doing a e2fsck on the drive? You will need to be in
single user mode. Be prepared to uninstall and reinstall bits and
pieces. It sounds like either the nfs tools are corrupt or the nfs swap
file location is.

2. If possible, put all of the servers on a UPS. The Linux OS is much
more solid but it is still susceptible to getting hammered by a power
outage. At Brandon, the power blinked sometimes daily.