[K12OSN] sending sound from server app to thin client

Jim Kathan tkathan at charter.net
Thu Sep 28 15:38:08 UTC 2006

stupid q: If I don't have a soundcard on my server, and want to use rdesktop on a thin client to run a server app program that primarily uses sound; whats going to happen? I'm assuming I will NOT get sound on my thin client in the program?
Our school has a reading program for the kids that has to run in Windows; we have Win2k. The server has no soundcard. I don't think that program will produce sound on my thin clients (which do have soundcards)?