[K12OSN] [Ed]Ubuntu Developer Summit Mountain View

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Sep 28 22:17:09 UTC 2006

At the LTSP HackFest, Oliver Grawert of Edubuntu suggested we continue
our work at the Ubuntu Developer Summit in Mountain View:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperSummitMountainView

"The Mountain View, November 2006 Ubuntu Developers Summit will take
place at the Googleplex Nov 5-10. This will be the week during plans are
finalised for the next release of Ubuntu, Edgy+1, due in April 2007.
Areas of interest include multimedia, desktop effects, localization,
accessibility, sparc, governance, artwork, thin client, and the
continuation of our focus on the desktop."

The Ubuntu Developer's Summit is open to the public, if you are in the
Bay Area (or can be in the Bay Area ;-) between Nov 5th-10th, come join
in on the fun!

This is especially true if you are in education! Jeff Elkner attended
the Ubuntu Down Under developers summit in Sydney (where Edubuntu was
initially spec'd out) and his perspective as an educator/K12LTSP user
was of great value.

-Eric