[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 38, Issue 5

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Thu Apr 5 15:01:20 UTC 2007

Using KDE as the default desktop does not necessarily mean kdm is being used instead of
gdm.  I think that unless you specify kdm, gdm is used even if KDE is set as the default
desktop.  Both are set in /etc/sysconfig/desktop, thusly:

DISPLAYMANAGER="GDM"
DESKTOP="GNOME"

IIRC, to set kdm as the display manager, you set DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE", and that's not a
typo, KDE is specified, not KDM.  But it's been a while so test it, don't take my word
for it.

Not that that really helps your problem.  Do you get the same result if the client uses
gnome instead of kde?