[K12OSN] Re: Open Source library Software

Bryant Patten opensource at whitenitro.com
Wed Apr 11 23:41:14 UTC 2007

On Apr 11, 2007, at 11:49 AM, k12osn-request at redhat.com wrote:

> I know this question has been posed before, but I'm looking at it
> again.
> Any updated feelings of folks on the best options for library
> software.
> thanks
> Shane

Hey Shane -

	I have done a couple of installs of OpenBiblio (http://
obiblio.sourceforge.net/) for small elementary school libraries that
didn't have the $10K for the commercial option and felt that Koha was
too much for them.  I would be happy to answer any questions you have
about the OpenBiblio install process.

	I also know that some of our (VT)  smaller schools, with solid
Internet access,  have outsourced their library automation for a
monthly fee to some company in California.

Bryant Patten
White Nitro, LLC