[K12OSN] Scripting for Linux - RDesktop straight to an app

Kemp, Levi lnkemp at bolivar.k12.mo.us
Tue Apr 24 19:48:50 UTC 2007

Here's is my current situation, we want to use rdesktop to a terminal server for a couple legacy apps. I've seen you can pass the user name and password with -u and -p command line or enter them in using the TSClient. In the TSClient you can also specify an app to open right away, how would you do this on the command line? And if I were to script this, which I'm familiar with only in windows right now, how might I go about using the current users username and password to fill the arguments? We are authenticating to the windows AD so the username and password for the terminal server would be the same. This way I can create links on the students desktops to the program and it would log them into the terminal server and open the app, creating the illusion they are running it local if it is done full screen. Any thoughts on this, it is my first time scripting in Linux. I created what I thought was a script, but it always asks me if I want to Run, View, or Run in Terminal, and I can't have it do that. It works like I want it, except I had to put in the username/password manually, and still open the app. Thanks for the help once again!

Levi
If at first you don't succeed try try again. And if that doesn't work hit it.