[K12OSN] Install printer on client

bhaskar prasad Rimal b_bprimal at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 04:05:33 UTC 2007

I have a CANON LBP 2900 Printer on Fedora core 5 , K12LTSP , i have a problem ,how to configure printer on server as well as client

Bhaskar

Huck <dhuckaby at paasda.org> wrote: [00:90:dc:03:83:f1]
         XSERVER = sis
         PRINTER_0_DEVICE = /dev/lp0
         PRINTER_O_TYPE   = P
         PRINTER_O_PORT   = 9100

the first line is the mac address of the thin client..

the second line specifies which XSERVER to use...
the rest is the printer info...pretty standard for all machines I've put
parallel printers onto...then http://localhost:631 and add the printer
as an ipp printer attached to the client..might need to scour the
IP-address of the client, or the ws041 name that LTSP gives it.

--Huck

MIC wrote:
> How can I install an HP Deskjet 640C printer on a client so that we can
> print from the server and the other clients?
> I'm running K12ltsp Fedora 6.

For more info see