[K12OSN] Re: What's the differences when you run smbldap pdc and smbldap bdc (Brian Chivers)

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Fri Apr 27 07:41:08 UTC 2007

Matt Oquist wrote:
> A BDC replicates the LDAP database from the master LDAP server, so
> there are LDAP configuration changes in addition to pure samba
> configuration changes such as domain master = yes/no.
>
> --matt
>
> --
> Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
> http://majen.net/

Thanks Matt, what I didn't realise is that I've almost set-up BDC's before on our existing systems
just made them standalone servers.

I'll have a play on a test box and see what the other differences are but I think it's just the
domain master line & then need to think about nfs mounts for /homes & profiles (see my other
question *grin*)

Brian