[K12OSN] HELP!! creating bulk users

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 19:20:47 UTC 2007

I just did this when adding a user recently using the bulk script. Wasn't -m
a default option before. It makes sense for it to be.

The trouble I had was that I deleted the user using smldap-userdel -r and
when I added the user again using the bulk script with -m the user was
created with a different uid and confused the system when the user tried to
log in there were permissions problems opening desktop config files.
I think I have fixed it. Using nautilus as root I when into the users /home
directory and changed ownership to the username I wanted. Somehow when I
tried to do this from CLI it got confused about which uid the name  was
refering too.

Krsnendu dasa